Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exact size of a Gallardo's wheels. I was hoping they werent because the the rear 19x11 wheel sizes are always a bitch to findand never come in sets of 4.

I wonder if 20" back and from would work?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Fronts are 19" by 8.5J and rear is 19" by 11J. 20" wheels are an option as per the S8
To the best of my knowledge ... 19" rims will be standard in the UK ... with 18" rims an option ... whereas in Germany and some other countries it will be the other way round ... I've not seen anything about 20" rims being an option ...
I would slap some 20" on there if they fit.
The thinner the rubber ... the harsher the ride ... fitting 20" rims would ... imho ... be a mistake ... unless you intend to track the car ... or the roads where you will drive the R8 are nice and smooth ... unless you go for the magnetic ride suspension ... which might provide enough compliance ... to cope with the reduction in tyre profile.

I wouldn't want to go to 20" rims on my RS4 ... the ride is firm but compliant enough to live with ... on 19" rims ... going up to 20" rims would likely detract from the drivability ... and quite possibly reduce grip ... feedback ... and car control.

An extra 2" on rim size can seriously change the drivability of a car ... having driven an NSX on standard rims ... and owning one with rims 2" above the standard size ... I will be reducing the diameter of the wheels on my NSX as and when I can find a suitable set of replacement rims ... once I've made best use of the tyres on my existing rims.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah 20's might be too much but if your going cor just cruise appeal im sure they would be fine. have to wait to see what the tuning companies will be bringing out for the R8. i dont know if they will go for 20's!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what type of wheels are those on it there? and that side blade is completely different. Looks like a concept car.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Looking at the minimal amount of rubber on those rims ... they could easily be 20" ... maybe even 21" ... :confused:
Looks liek they've put air scoops along some of the front spliter ... and under the sills below the sideblade ... :confused:
Might be pretty cool in Mugello Blue ... imho ... although I'm not sure that I really like the alloys that much ... still who cares what I think!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts