Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope nobody minds, if not allowed please just delete or whatever's needed, no offence is intended. I work for M-Sport and sell their merchandise / eBay items. Recently I have been given some Audi R8 wheels to sell, that we had stored for about 10yrs, but am struggling to find a value or the best place to sell. I'm not really sure what to look for price them so thought I'd ask on here.

They are as new - never used and still originally boxed (although may have minor scratches from storage). There are 11 x Front and 5 x Rear.

Details:
Front
OZ Racing
Audi R8 LMS
Supertur. 12x18 E35 11x353 MG
Centerlock

Rear
Same but 13x18

Any other info needed?

Appreciate any help, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to post some pics for an accurate value. Preferably one with the current date and time written on a piece of paper next to the product.
Thanks have some pics but put them back into storage after I took them, they are a bit tricky to get to as there are a few racks of Bentley tyres in front of them so won't be able to put a current date on a bit of paper and take a photo until I get time to get them out again (might be a few weeks). Could probably lean over and do it in front of the Audi boxes they are in, but unsure how it would help?

Attachments

·
Registered
697 Posts
As a first time poster, it means that you are a legitimate seller as unfortunately the forum has had its fair share of people without the best intentions.

They look in good condition. I would say 2500 pounds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As a first time poster, it means that you are a legitimate seller as unfortunately the forum has had its fair share of people without the best intentions.

They look in good condition. I would say 2500 pounds.
Thanks, yes I can appreciate that, wasn't looking to sell on here necessarily though more just advice of where best to sell and more importantly the price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here is what this set sold for.

Were not in perfect condition.

Thanks, I did find this set, wasn't sure if they were exactly the same wheel or not. Though on closer examination they do look the same.

Would it be best to sell as sets of 4 or individually? I could make up two full sets and then there would be 7 front wheels and 1 back wheel left. Does £400-500 a wheel sound about right? The ones I have are in much better condition.

Not sure if I can mention the sites I was going to list them on but a popular auction site and the one those were listed on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Couple of reasons:

All the sales I could see (I went back a few pages) were all in the US, so maybe assumed incorrectly that not many sales in the UK so probably best putting elsewhere if no one uses this site.
Also having never used this site before I feel using other sites that are more familiar are a bit safer for both the buyer and the myself (drgmt alluded to this above).

They are now for sale on the other sites. If you think it best to put on here I'm happy to put on. There will be 3 sets in total (there were more rear and less front than I first thought). Although one set the rear wheels and possibly the front have been used for testing.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Couple of reasons:

All the sales I could see (I went back a few pages) were all in the US, so maybe assumed incorrectly that not many sales in the UK so probably best putting elsewhere if no one uses this site.
Also having never used this site before I feel using other sites that are more familiar are a bit safer for both the buyer and the myself (drgmt alluded to this above).

They are now for sale on the other sites. If you think it best to put on here I'm happy to put on. There will be 3 sets in total (there were more rear and less front than I first thought). Although one set the rear wheels and possibly the front have been used for testing.
not trying to tell you how to run your business so no offense intended. we do have plenty of members in the UK on this site and I dont think there is a more popular online community of r8 owners than this site. at least i havent seen one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts