Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We use CTEK MXS 5.0 charger sir.

Cheers Ricky
I've had the original battery in my 2014 V10+ (built in 2013) for about 4 years now - generally keep the CTEK (MUS4.3) plugged up to it almost continuously (during very cold months) and about every 2-3 weeks between rides the rest of the time. My battery shows well on testers and has gone as long as 5 weeks (this past October) without the maintainer and still started normally, no codes no issues ...
Thanks guys this is really helpful, appreciate the response!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We use CTEK MXS 5.0 charger sir.

Cheers Ricky
Hey Ricky

I have now received my CTEK MXS 5 charger and it says "connect the black clamp to the vehicle chassis." Given this, is it safe to connect both the red and black clamps to the battery which is connected to the car?

Vish

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
Hey Ricky

I have now received my CTEK MXS 5 charger and it says "connect the black clamp to the vehicle chassis." Given this, is it safe to connect both the red and black clamps to the battery which is connected to the car?

Vish
Yes, it is safe.

Reactions: viappc

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
332 Posts
So I just bought a CTEK and that fucker charged my battery up right away. The easiest thing to do, just hook it up after every time you use it. Unless ur planning to use it multiple days in a row.

·
Registered
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
332 Posts
Easy safe way to connect (even though i think it's safe to connect any way but don't quote me). I just do it as the instructions say, to connect the charger, connect the clamps, then plug in the charger. When you disconnect, do the reverse (unplug first, then unhook the clamps)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts