Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The anticipation getting into my R8 makes me feel like Im in HS and my first car. In my garage, taking off the car cover and my heart sinks. I see several mice turds all over my engine cowl. Worse when I open up the gluass to clean them I smell the urine and see chewed wiring and acorns. Ugggg. I havent driven the car for a month due to rain and fog. My garage traps have caught one mouse and the cats seem a little lean but mice bread every 2 months and have 4-6 babies each time. Hard to keep up with them. By the time I cleared up the situation I was down at the dealership and about $5000 later they cleared out the smell, steam cleaned the engine and cleared the two mice nests. By the time you see their signs they have already moved in. The better solution is to keep them out. I read about the home remedies with sonic noise makers and traps and bait. Funny story about the poison, the dealership found a bunch of pellets in my blower box. Little suckers put them in there and I was breathing the dust. My car has been under the CoverSeal car cover now for a year. No problems. It seals to the ground with a weighted apron that rodents wont chew. It goes on and off like a car cover but literally forms to the ground and protects the car from intruders. If you have had a similar experience share it. When your done with experimenting with remedies that require constant maintenance or plain dont work. GetCoverSeal.

Ken

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts