Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through this forum and it seems no one has bought a 2020 R8. Are people buying them and just not posting pictures or are they just not selling well? I'd like to see pics of owners' 2020 R8, if you have one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think has something to do withe the fugly face lift...

For me: It doesn't seem ugly, it just seems like a "minimal" adjustment to the 2018.
Maybe I'm not capturing all the changes, but it looks to me that the minor front grill triangle and round exhaust are all I see!
Correct me if I'm wrong!

·
Premium Member
135 Posts

Here you go. Added it to my black 2010 V10.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice! I see you put on a satin black wrap... Do you prefer that look over the stock metallic paint? I've been looking at satin wraps for my R8.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me: It doesn't seem ugly, it just seems like a "minimal" adjustment to the 2018.
Maybe I'm not capturing all the changes, but it looks to me that the minor front grill triangle and round exhaust are all I see!
Correct me if I'm wrong!
They serve as design enhancements and nothing more. A waste in my opinion because for 200k plus they could have channeled them to the brakes for more cooling and touted an improvement in performance. The car is falling behind it's own successor because very soon they will really wind these cars up with some voltage. When a Corvette C8 for 1/2 the cost starts beating me in drag races I'm going to be looking for something like an R8 with 1000 HP and 300 mile range. I am going to expect it to be at the pinnacle of performance. You know they are not going to pass up the opportunity to set the bar again at Audi. The interior and the exterior design of the R8, regardless of the fake intakes is still basically a Bugatti/Lamborghini/Audi/ class performance car at a bargain price.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You'll find sales fell massively since the facelift, firstly the looks arent for most, cumbersome RS3 style rear exhaust instead of subtle intergrated ones, a front bumper with more angles than a protractor that very reminiscent of a 2017 GTR and odd part coloured side skirts that make the centre of the car look bent are the first issue, then you have a rev limiter in neutral stealing the point of a loud supercar, the lack of exhaust noise, no exhaust button, and zero pops and bangs or gargles due to the OPF filters are amongst mamy other reasons people are buying the newest of the prefacelift according to a few sources i have spotted around in Audi. Eu law ruined the R8 and i personally wouldnt buy one for looks alone let alone the fact all yhe fun has been sucked out of the car to fit the bill for EU laws

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You'll find sales fell massively since the facelift, firstly the looks arent for most, cumbersome RS3 style rear exhaust instead of subtle intergrated ones, a front bumper with more amgkes than a protractor that very reminiscent of a 2017 GTR and odd part coloured side skirts that make the centre of the car look bent are the first issue, then you have a rev limiter in neutral stealing the point of a loud supercar, the lack of exhaust noise, no exhaust button, and zero pops and bangs or gargles due to the OPF filters are amongst mamy other reasons people are buying the newest of the prefacelift according to a few sources i have spotted around in Audi. Eu law ruined the R8 and i personally wouldnt buy one for looks alone let alone the fact all yhe fun has been sucked out of the car to fit the bill for EU laws
Yea, in EU, the R8 got super shafted and I feel for you all. However, in the US, we don't have the particle filter or any detuned exhaust sound to worry about.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yea, in EU, the R8 got super shafted and I feel for you all. However, in the US, we don't have the particle filter or any detuned exhaust sound to worry about.
But you did still get the ghastly body styling which is a shame but perfect you didnt get the opf etc. Now the UK are out of the EU we may get lucky and avoid all their bullshit aswell

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I've been searching through this forum and it seems no one has bought a 2020 R8. Are people buying them and just not posting pictures or are they just not selling well? I'd like to see pics of owners' 2020 R8, if you have one.
Ordered my dream R8 last April, came on in October....now about 250 miles on it after Xpel and Ceramic Pro, in storage til spring.
A02D73AD-09D2-4344-BE24-CA25576BBC7C.jpeg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that Daytona Grey? It looks great from the side, but I just cannot get past the redesigned exhaust. Two over sized, oval tailpipes just doesn't seem to fit the character and lines of the R8. On the other RS models, sure, it fits perfectly. Also, why does the rear diffuser/carbon extend out over the tailpipes? Just seems too busy back there. Lastly, way too much use of plastic honeycomb on the car. Overall, it still looks good but it takes some time to get use to it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm actively shopping both 17/18 Plus and 20 Performance and aesthetically I actually prefer the 2020 R8 rear and exhaust to the pre-facelift. The front I can take or leave but its all personal preference and budget. The deals on the 17/18s are hard to ignore but every dealer I've talked to is doing whatever they can to get their 2020s out the door

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm actively shopping both 17/18 Plus and 20 Performance and aesthetically I actually prefer the 2020 R8 rear and exhaust to the pre-facelift. The front I can take or leave but its all personal preference and budget. The deals on the 17/18s are hard to ignore but every dealer I've talked to is doing whatever they can to get their 2020s out the door
What’s the best quote so far you’ve received on the 2020 Performance? 10% off?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts