Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
What’s the best quote so far you’ve received on the 2020 Performance? 10% off?
Its been all over the place and really is dealer to dealer. Some are already marked down 5% online

Some more motivated than others, some I can barely get a response back as though it is uncommon for someone to call up saying I'll buy that car and have it shipped or will come down on a plane and pick it up. Some have acted as though this is the rarest opportunity when in reality, the inventory is there for just about any color or options you may want.

I may just end up dealing locally so I don't have any warranty or service issues, but we'll see.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Its been all over the place and really is dealer to dealer. Some are already marked down 5% online

Some more motivated than others, some I can barely get a response back as though it is uncommon for someone to call up saying I'll buy that car and have it shipped or will come down on a plane and pick it up. Some have acted as though this is the rarest opportunity when in reality, the inventory is there for just about any color or options you may want.

I may just end up dealing locally so I don't have any warranty or service issues, but we'll see.
Interesting. Keep contacting until you get what you want.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Is that Daytona Grey? It looks great from the side, but I just cannot get past the redesigned exhaust. Two over sized, oval tailpipes just doesn't seem to fit the character and lines of the R8. On the other RS models, sure, it fits perfectly. Also, why does the rear diffuser/carbon extend out over the tailpipes? Just seems too busy back there. Lastly, way too much use of plastic honeycomb on the car. Overall, it still looks good but it takes some time to get use to it.
Yep, Daytona Grey. Actually I like the rear refresh better than the front. But it’s the complete package I purchased....totally amazing performance!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm actively shopping both 17/18 Plus and 20 Performance and aesthetically I actually prefer the 2020 R8 rear and exhaust to the pre-facelift. The front I can take or leave but its all personal preference and budget. The deals on the 17/18s are hard to ignore but every dealer I've talked to is doing whatever they can to get their 2020s out the door
They are desperate to get them out of the door because they have the look only a mother could love, the facelift has gone down like a lead balloon, a few sources i have in Audo in the UK have told me that used R8 sales have gone up massively since the facelift was released because its so Fugly

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
They are desperate to get them out of the door because they have the look only a mother could love, the facelift has gone down like a lead balloon, a few sources i have in Audo in the UK have told me that used R8 sales have gone up massively since the facelift was released because its so Fugly
Just what I wanted to hear. Most of us will get our asking price for our Gen2 V10/+ pre-facelift when it comes time to sell it (for those who plan to sell).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yea, in EU, the R8 got super shafted and I feel for you all. However, in the US, we don't have the particle filter or any detuned exhaust sound to worry about.
Sales fell because the body styling is awful, most buyers at this point dont know about the mechanical differences, its mainly asthetics putting people off, its all very very Marmite

·
Registered
14 Posts
  1. Sales may have fallen because the cars weren’t available until mid way through the year. 2020 deliveries only started in June/July for North America. Looks are subjective. I like the changes. But each to his own.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Most of the 2020s I'm talking to the dealers didn't even receive the cars until Dec19-Jan20 - not exactly the hot season

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most of the 2020s I'm talking to the dealers didn't even receive the cars until Dec19-Jan20 - not exactly the hot season
A large majority of cars like these are preorderes by customers but even that didnt happen according to sources, people caught eye of it early online and the prefaclift started picking up due the the facelift being extremely Marmite

·
Registered
811 Posts
A large majority of cars like these are preorderes by customers but even that didnt happen according to sources, people caught eye of it early online and the prefaclift started picking up due the the facelift being extremely Marmite
That is a very elegant and polite way to say they are not selling well because they face lift is ugly as ****. :LOL:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think its less about the aesthetics and more about the economy and election. Its not just R8s, F-cars, P-cars, etc aren't moving right now really anywhere.

I dig the facelift. I'd be happy with either option

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think its less about the aesthetics and more about the economy and election. Its not just R8s, F-cars, P-cars, etc aren't moving right now really anywhere.

I dig the facelift. I'd be happy with either option
I agree. The market is soft.
I always thought the R8 looked to feminine prior to the Gen 2 facelift it was not aggressive enough. Hence, why I added one to my garage.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Is your interior blue or is that just the picture?

·
Registered
884 Posts
For me, the 2020 looks aren't terrible, but they do look less organic...more forced.

Looking back, it feels like the pre-facelift Gen1 was the most organic with all of the lines blending perfectly with the right amount of curves and smooth curvature.

The facelift Gen1 was a little less swoopy, and a little more linear, with different:
  • front grill
  • head lights
  • tail lights
  • tailpipe
The Gen2 R8 diminished the curves and progressed the linear form even further, to the point where it took me more than a year to get used to the new look.

WIth the facelift Gen2 it feels even more linear and geometric, with the front triangle forms and rear's perfect circle exhaust pipes. It makes for a more aggressive look that seems very divergent from the original 2006 LMS concept origins.

So the big bummers for me are the misses in increasing functionality while losing a little bit of the actual performance and edginess:
  • the fake front vents could have been real and used to reduced lift while providing/improving front brake cooling
  • the side skirts could have also improved intake air flow, or engine cooling, or rear brake cooling
  • the fake vents by the windows could have been made real and used to improve intake air flow, or engine cooling
  • all models gained weight
  • all models now use the same gear ratios

21 - 38 of 38 Posts