Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per thread title, where exactly is the microphone? I have connected by phone using bluetooth into the car, but when i make/receive calls, the other person always says they cannot hear me well at all. I try speaking pretty loud and they still say it's not great. Can this be adjusted at all?

·
Administrator
6,215 Posts
I think it's that little grille you see on the ceiling right behind the map lights

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
If you have problems with others hearing you, take it to your dealer and have it checked. I have seen other posts on this forum that people had a bad mic. They said that their passenger could be heard fine, but not the driver. Once they took it in to be checked, it was easily fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I may have to get mine checked as well then. Is it a bad mic or bad positioning? If the passenger can be heard one would assume bad positioning

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's that little grille you see on the ceiling right behind the map lights
I wondered if it was that, did lean forward and direct my voice at it and was told i could be heard slightly better but still not great. Bearing in mind i was talking pretty loudly at this point too, testing it out, i was quite disappointed in it.

I will speak to a local dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I am one of the people that had a problem. From the drivers side, people could barely hear me. From the passenger side, the phone performed fine. There are two mics. My driver side one was faulty and when it was replaced, then both sides performed fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts