Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is HERE ! Original ETA was early Feb, and it was change to late Jan. But I got the call this am that I can pick up my R8 up this afternoon. I was quoted 1.5 years when I placed my order last July. How bad is the economy...?

Which bring me to my next thought, wut if things really go south for me, can I afford to keep the car? Two of my daughters did offered to drop out of college so I can enjoy my car ; >. I must be doing something right.

I will ask my wife where should I sleep tonight? With her, or in the garage? The CF trim is worth every penny, and talking about penny, I did not get a cent off, and no free jack either. But it still feel superb driving the car home. Glad I did not go with the facelift Carrera 4s, or Aston Martin Vantage.

Life is good. For now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just enjoy it :)

2 weeks after I took delivery of mine my most important client went bust , owing me plenty, and my Stockmarket investment portfolio was largely wiped out but I can still afford to fill up the tank of the R8 - well , half-fill it anyway ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Congratulation MDC! Every time I see a Turbo or Vantage, I am glad too that I did not get them. Take her down Highway 1 while the weather last. What color did you get?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulation MDC! Every time I see a Turbo or Vantage, I am glad too that I did not get them. Take her down Highway 1 while the weather last. What color did you get?
Thank you! Silver with Apollo silver - it is simply cool! I love those turbo and vantage, but I think we all can see that the turbo, while classic, is “just another” porsche—now the porsche forum folks is going to come shoot me ; >. The vantage, very sexy, timeless beauty, but best as a poster on the wall or belong in a book, simply way too many issues.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just enjoy it :)

2 weeks after I took delivery of mine my most important client went bust , owing me plenty, and my Stockmarket investment portfolio was largely wiped out but I can still afford to fill up the tank of the R8 - well , half-fill it anyway ;)
Thank you, same boat here, but I was not owe any $. My toilet paper now worth more than my portfolio. Might have to work till I am 90...., lets just hope I can get in and out of that car at 90...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stay positive! things always get better. i just got mine and its an incentive to work more and try harder in my mind
Thank you for your support, change will come? Work hard is never a problem, getting new clients is going to be tricky. Will trim lunch and buy gas for car instead ; >

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats!

I know how excited I was when I got the call one month ahead of schedule. Enjoy it!!!

I 'm suffering as well as my business for the last 25 years was building spec homes. I've had to cave in and take contract work to keep the income rolling. I know how you feel... I have three daughters. Two in college and one in high school, and I'm working harder now the ever.

There is a bright side... You sound like you have a lot going on for yourself, so hang in there and enjoy the car cause you worked hard for it!

Btw... I'm in Marin, where are you?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Congrats!

I know how excited I was when I got the call one month ahead of schedule. Enjoy it!!!

I 'm suffering as well as my business for the last 25 years was building spec homes. I've had to cave in and take contract work to keep the income rolling. I know how you feel... I have three daughters. Two in college and one in high school, and I'm working harder now the ever.

There is a bright side... You sound like you have a lot going on for yourself, so hang in there and enjoy the car cause you worked hard for it!

Btw... I'm in Marin, where are you?
I hear you, all industry are scaling back. So good luck to us all. I hope you are not taking your R8 to the job site ; > lots of nails. Yap, one in college, one going this fall, one in 5th grade too. But life is short, can’t drive an R8 at 80, right? Office is in Mountain View, for all you local guys/gals, if you are ever in the area, let grab a bite and compare notes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts