Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am really considering Ice silver w/ carbon sigma side blades for my the r8 I'm about to get. I am also thinking of Ibis white with either oxygen silver side blades or carbon sigma side blades.

I was at my dad's house earlier this afternoon. He said having a car in black will make it very hot especially right now because its summer here in my place. I never had a car in black before.

What is the difference between Ice silver and Suzuka silver?

I just wanna share this cool video to y'all.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
suzuka is more of a pearl grey that looks white in some photos whereas ice silver is more a traditional silver. I've seen ice silver and carbon in the flesh and think it is a great combo. white with carbon looks great for the same reason of the light paint showing off the lines and dark blade for contrast.

blacks always look stunning if they're kept clean and swirl free.

here's a thread with suzuka pics in it:

http://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2546&highlight=suzuka

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well.....I'm partial to Ice Silver with Carbon Blade...but that's just my opinion!:D
Black is gorgeous,(when clean) but from past experience shows dirt and swirl marks, no matter how careful you are. And of course, is hot.

·
Registered
62 Posts
black and silver R8's are all too common. Personally, I don't think black shows off the lines very well. Suzuka gray is very cool and a little different--It's lighter than Daytona Gray and it does show off the lines. However, the white, with CF sideblades looks amazing. *Go the extra mile and get the "Havanna Brown Leather (Audi Exclusive package) interior. That would be a hot ride...

09 R8 Jet Blue/Magnolia Audi Exclusive Int. CF sideblades, CF Mirrors
08 S5 Meteor Gray/Tuscan Brown Leather
07 (2) RS4's
06 S4 25th Quattro Edition (vin #169)
04 S4 Nogarro Blue Pearl

·
Registered
485 Posts
The best thing to do is go the dealers and look at the combo in person, with all the R8s we been talking about, you should have no problem finding a few at a single dealer(depending on where you live)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Im very partial to Suzuka Grey because its the one I have and the link you got earlier leads you to some photos. The best way to describe it is the color of smoke. Very subtle grey, kind of off-white, like cigarette smoke. People respond well to it but, lets face it... The R8 looks awesome in nearly every color combination I have seen. Somehow, it could be Pepto Bismol with a polka dot sideblade and the R8 would look good. I agree with the comment about Black, its very common and difficult to keep clean. When clean, Black is awesome in a lesser car that might otherwise look pedestrian, but the R8 is so gorgeous that it doesn't need a color to help it look good. Its a literal sculpture on wheels.

If I were going to do it again, I would use the Audi Exclusive (AE) catalog and find an obscure and unique color. If it exists, they can make it for you. There is a photo of an orange one with black blades (I think) that was stunning. You can go to other dealers (Bentley, Mercedes, etc) and peek at some of their interesting colors and Im told AE can duplicate it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just want to say that anyone wasting valuable and precious time responding to this drivel needs to be told they have been suckered.

Someone posting a video in congested London of their brothers/mates/cousins car is a joke meant to wind up innocents.

As if someone could possibly "ask Dad" about a car when they have the life experience and funds to know better is beyond me.

Give me a break.

Sorry, these retards need to be openly rumbled.

Apart from that, Russman and Shelbygirl are spot on for their efforts.

Cheers

Munky

·
Registered
761 Posts
Get it phantom black with lime green blades :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for replying. I thought about it and I am gonna get order it next week in ice silver w/ carbon sigma side blade. Did anyone here get the ceramic brakes? Are they worth it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My R8 is black with grey blades, and is professionally cleaned every 2 weeks. I can confirm that it looks totally stunning when just polished, and the 'looks and stares' are increased 10 fold!! I don't think there is a better colour when it's clean. I use mine as a daily driver and so if the weather is bad, she gets dirty pretty quick, but still looks good. Black being hot in the sun is not an issue in UK :D

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Can anyone clear up the "Audi Exclusive" offerings--for US buyers?

I've heard both, on the one hand, that they can provide "any color" if you give them a sample, AND, contrdictorily, that their offering is limited to "any Audi (or VW or V.A.G.
or Porsche or some variant of companies) color of the past 10 (or you pick the number) years."

So what, actually, do they make available to the R8 buyer (in the US at least)? Do they have tiers of offering with escalating prices? IS there actually an "Audi Exclusive Catalog?" I've seen that post of the orange R8's window sticker with the $2500 charge for the special color. What I'm wondering is, what colors are available at that price?

Anyone who can shed some light on this from actual knowledge (as opposed to rumor), please weigh in. I've only gotten vague response to this question from my dealers rep..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can anyone clear up the "Audi Exclusive" offerings--for US buyers?

I've heard both, on the one hand, that they can provide "any color" if you give them a sample, AND, contrdictorily, that their offering is limited to "any Audi (or VW or V.A.G.
or Porsche or some variant of companies) color of the past 10 (or you pick the number) years."

So what, actually, do they make available to the R8 buyer (in the US at least)? Do they have tiers of offering with escalating prices? IS there actually an "Audi Exclusive Catalog?" I've seen that post of the orange R8's window sticker with the $2500 charge for the special color. What I'm wondering is, what colors are available at that price?

Anyone who can shed some light on this from actual knowledge (as opposed to rumor), please weigh in. I've only gotten vague response to this question from my dealers rep..
Hey willyjp,

Here you go Audi Exclusive Catalog pdf.

http://thesaylors.net/automobiles/Au...iExclusive.pdf

If this does not open go to search Audi Exclusive Catalog and go thread "Suzuka Grey" and look for R84Me comments, and download link.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Want to have somethink different??? Have all aluminium body parts fully polished and clear-coated...or clear bra,If you can't get a hold of alum. sideblades to polsh ,paint silver like/as painted bumpers.Maybe even a semigloss clear matte over all and be sure to ask for gauges in RED.......THE SILVER SURFER RETURNS!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey willyjp,

There is an Audi Exclusive catalog for selecting interior leathers and Audi Exclusive exterior colors made available for NA only. You are limited to the Audi Exclusive leathers for the interior, but not for the exterior. The charge for the interior is $1200.

I was put in touch with the Audi Exclusive rep for NA (Erin Goward), by my salesman since I am looking to create a one-off combination. I am now working directly with Erin, since I work across the street from the HQ in Virginia. She told me that very few dealers have the room for the interior display, which is why it seems to be such a mystery. :confused:

The $2500 you noticed on the orange R8 is the charge for a "custom" color. I was initially going for the Lambo Pearl Orange, but found out I couldn't get any Lambo colors. Appearently Lambo uses a 3 stage paint system and Audi's is a 4 stage system. The reasoning given was that most Lambo's don't get driven very much, since they are exotics. Audi's are not exotics and spend their time on the road vs the garage. :D

I was told I could pick any Audi color from the past 10 years, but not from show or concept vehicles. Audi uses water based paints, so I could select colors from other manufacturers if they were water based. Some of the manufacturers mentioned were VW, Porsche, Bentley and Ferrarri. I happen to be very lucky (NOT) in that the two colors I had selected, one from Bentley (Ghost White) and the other Ferrarri, (Fuji Bianco) were both unavailable. :mad: I was looking for a bright white pearl or metallic color and either of the colors I selected would have suited me just fine. I am still investigating my other color options.
Erin is working on providing a list for me of the colors that can be ordered from other manufacturers. I will gladly post this once I have it.

I received an order sheet for the Audi Exclusive interior from Erin, which lists all of the places the exclusive leathers can be placed. There are many options available for the interior. Special stitching, piping and color combinations. I have a few pics, but don't know how to add them.
Any ideas?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts