Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Kreissieg. I have Stasis on mine and am very happy with it. Stasis is a combination of muscle car rumble at low rpm and F1 pitch after 4000 rpm. I picked Stasis over Kressieg because (1) Stasis is a sponsored exhaust by my local Audi dealer so no warranty issue what so ever. They sold and installed the exhaust on my car. (2) Kreissieg is pricier. It is about $2000 to $2500 more.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Oh BZ888, forgot to tell you the unexpected effect of a lighter exhaust. Imagine removing 30 pounds off the rear bumper of your car. That is where the exhaust is. You feel it the moment you drive it. The car feels less tail heavy, the front end rebounds less and is more tied down, just better balanced overall than before. You feel it especially more when cornering.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks for the info.
What do you think of the exhaust note for the Stasis?
Is it very loud for normal driving?

Cheers.

Anyone heard a Kreisieg in the flesh?
I like Stasis' exhaust note very much. There is a thread in the Performance Modification section. Take a listen for yourself. Not too loud for normal driving. You will hear it. There is a sustained growl which the stock exhaust does not have.

Also, the engine now pulls a lot stronger at 5000 rpm and up. Before, though the engine revs freely all the way up to redline but it really looses some steam after 6000 rpm. Now you really feel the power high up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hmmm, it does sound really good. I'm just worried, cause it doesn't have a valve to make it quiter for street driving or cops.

Question: If you use light to moderate throttle openings, is the sound still crazy loud?
No.

Even at full throttle, it is not crazy loud.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I also have the Stassis and love it! I have had positive feedback from every single person who has heard it. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is definitely louder... I use to love to listen to music when I was driving. Now I really love to listen to the car. Funny story.. I dropped off my car to get this done. My wife did not know why. She has been in the car a couple times since and has no idea that I put on a new exhaust... :confused:

It is definitely louder - but sounds so so much better when you get on it. It has a higher pitch top end. I wanted as much F1 Ferrari type sound. Not deep and American car like. This is the perfect exhaust...

·
Registered
340 Posts
After I had the Stasis installed, I just cannot go back to stock anymore. The car now has a voice. It talks to you in Italian. It feels alive.

I was next to a Gallardo the other day and even he checks me out because of my exhaust sound.

While driving inside a parking garage at low speed in first, I can hear the windy/whistling F1 sound filling the air. The parking attendant loves me. Big smile on his face as I enter or leave.

·
Registered
21 Posts
never heard of bbi, i have not found any vids either, maybe someone should shoot them an email or call them to see if they have any. I also hear that GMG was looking for an r8 to do an exhaust for it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
never heard of bbi, i have not found any vids either, maybe someone should shoot them an email or call them to see if they have any. I also hear that GMG was looking for an r8 to do an exhaust for it.
Hey akoo7kb;24635

Give Joey a call he is the owner of BBI and is a great guy to talk to.
He has a lot of experience in and with performance cars "Porsche, Audi"
BBI is the US dealer for PPI as well as other top manufacturers and they bring a lot to the R8 table.
http://www.bbiautosport.com
Tel 714-843-0220

·
Registered
59 Posts
i will, i see your from ft lauderdale, im from palm beach.

Hey ak007kb,

Whats up? Yes I'm in Ft Lauderdale. We should talk sometime.

I attached a link about the BBI shop below. They are great guys and know what they are doing. They are very tight with the Porsche crowd and with Champion Racing in S. FL.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts