Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got this brake light assembly with my diffuser and I want to install it. I know I need to tap into one of the rear taillight wires but does anyone know which one?

I'm using this as a brake light and not a fog light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Positive to pin 4
Negative to pin 1
Thank YOU! I'll have to figure that portion out on what the pins looks like since I've never seen the back of an R8 taillight but this definitely helps!

So is there a wire coming out of each of those pins in the back of the taillights? I'll ask my shop for assistance but they're more of a body shop and not into customizing stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Thank YOU! I'll have to figure that portion out on what the pins looks like since I've never seen the back of an R8 taillight but this definitely helps!

So is there a wire coming out of each of those pins in the back of the taillights? I'll ask my shop for assistance but they're more of a body shop and not into customizing stuff like this.
The pin positions are actually printed on the plug connector that goes into the tail light. You have to look closely and you will see the numbers from 1-6.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Interesting : I put a similar flasher 4-hyper fast (all in 1 sec), 4 slow flash (all in 3 sec) then solid - on my CHMSL, works great !! No codes ...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an updated GS-100A that uses a 3 wire feed - Ground / Brake / Running light (black/red/blue).
Which pin# is the dedicated running light wire?
TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts