Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not really sure if anyone has it here, but my favorite would have to be the R8 Exclusive Selection Edition.

But I'm a sucker for Grey :p

Official-Audi-R8-Exclusive-Selection-Editions-US-Only.jpg
_AudiR8_GrayRear_r620x349.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,985 Posts
One of the things I admire about this site is our differences in taste and what we feel looks the best.

I'm a die hard V8 lover. It's sleek, sexy and has fantastic lines. There's something very classic about it.

The V10 has all that testosterone laden extra on it - the side skirts, the bulged out blades, atrocious goat horned wheels and I've never been a fan of any convertible, regardless of the make.

But, that said, I completely understand how each of us enjoys the ride we have and what it does for us as individuals.

Mine's still the best looking ride here, though. :cool:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I like mine...or any GT.

MS4_8173-3072141197-O small.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Why the lack of love for black R8? They don't look all bad....

Anyhow, I officially vote Dads R8. Something about the full carbon hood and RS grill that just looks smoking! :cool:

latest picture:

Not a good picture of the rear but all I have now.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Why the lack of love for black R8? They don't look all bad...here's a subtle inclusion of mine!
I'm in with Black..

Still Love Ibis White though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Why the lack of love for black R8? They don't look all bad....

Anyhow, I officially vote Dads R8. Something about the full carbon hood and RS grill that just looks smoking! :cool:
When I started looking for an R8, your car would have been my choice. As I was buying used, I could not find the black one I wanted. Yours is a beautiful specimen.
The brake calipers make such a nice contrast.

(Having said that I am not a fan of the stock black interior with no extras......I believe alllodhi12 is going to sell his R8 for the very reason!)

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Now that this topic has come...why don't we have a car of the month where people can vote? Many forums have this and its nice to showcase the nicest R8 on the forums every month, all members (both new and old) would have a chance to see the nicest looking R8s.

I don't think I have the nicest R8 on the forum, but I think its **** nice still! here are 2 of my fave pics :)

Ok..so I put up 3..couldnt pick only 2 :)

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
Thanks Simpleman. I bought mine used too without all the specs I wanted but it was in excellent condition being an Audi approved car so I simply retrofitted what I felt was missing, e.g. Carbon sideblades & side mirrors, chunky steering, cruise control, folding mirrors, facelift headlights and taillights, and now it can hang with the best looking R8 here. :cool:

The vendors helped tremendously with getting all the parts without breaking the bank. Now if they can find me a set of GT Carbon engine bay trims at a decent price would be cherry on the cake!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Definitely not the prettiest (love Dad's color scheme plus mods, RS4's is awesome, etc)

but my baby looks lovely here(even with the ugly trakktape over the audi rings) DSC_3503.jpg
and here DSC_3420.jpg

on the 1st picture I swear my car is smiling at the camera.

·
Registered
760 Posts
We tried this on another popular forum I'm on and it took almost 6 months of voting and putting it together to get the top cars and we broke it down by each color / category:

Stock

Modified (stock body)

Extreme (non-stock body)

For the R8's I don't think there is enough samples of cars modified to be able to vote on the nice ones because as it clearly shows here everyone thinks they have the nicest ones. As I stated before this is the same as the fruit cake theory with babies. This problem is not just with R8's but also most exotics because people tend to be scared to modify them due to cost and selling down the road.

Personally I think v10's look way more aggressive than v8's and although the GT looks nice with the aero treatments, I would never own one because of the dated tranny. I predict this thread will just turn into a post a picture of your R8 thread :)

21 - 40 of 773 Posts