Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious because I am 6'7'' (79 inches) and 250lbs.

How is the headroom, legroom and long distance trips in the R8.

I fit in our Audi TT coupe fairly well. But cannot fit into a 350Z or barely a Z06 Corvette.

So was wondering the impressions from some of our bigger members!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I'm only 6'3" -- but I have lots of room

·
Registered
27 Posts
6'5" and 250 lbs - plenty of head room and I don't even need the seat right back. Germans tend to be slightly larger than Italians or the Japanese, but surprised the Americans were not more generous with the Corvette.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am nearly a foot shorter than you but i have lots of room behind and above. You should have no problem. ur other choices are quite different, e.g. s63 will fit for sure...but heavy and not as much fun.

·
Registered
40 Posts
6'6", but about 300 lbs.* No complaints.* It does feel like a cockpit though.On track days I run out of head room very quickly when I have a helmet on though, it can be a bit uncomfortable. I think i have a slightly longer torso than I should. Ive seen someone as tall as me fit ok in it. Or maybe its the extra weight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
6' 2.5'', 85kgs. In my normal driving position I fit with about 1'' of headroom to spare. (static from alcantara headlining lifts hair though, which is an odd feeling and sometimes makes it feel as though my head is touching the roof!!).

I am curious to know whether there is more headroom available with/without electric seats. Wearing a helmet and switching between different R8s at an Audi trackday and fully lowering the seat in each case, I was convinced there was more headroom in some cars than others. Some cars felt cramped with the crash-helmet pressed against the roof and others were fine. I didn't check at the time, but manual/electric seat setup differences would be a possible explanation. You may want to check this out with your dealer before speccing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts