Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about doing Angeles Crest Hwy or maybe GMR.

R8 needs to stretch its legs a bit

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I am up...I mean down for it ! Please consider after Aug 14th as I need to keep my R8 in shape for the Concorso . I am planning an all R8 car show on Aug. 23rd . At my office parking lot in Montebello. A promo party for janerinsurance.com/r8 and NRGETIKSTUDIOS (my freind/tenant who helped make my video).This will be a red carpet event. A bodyguard to watch each vehicle . First part of day is business related and after party should rock. ANY feasable suggestions are VERY welcome. Will start a new thread announcing party soon. I have complete co-operation with my parent company-INFINITY INSURANCE . I am very competitive in the classic car insurance market ,so there will be a showing of these types in the parking lot next door.Show on a Sunday so we can utilise all of my neighbors parking slits.over 100 spots for visitors and classics. My property will provide velvet rope off for a few Exotics . My crew is on this one BIG-TIME. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Man, if only I lived closer. I'm always looking for an excuse to go for a drive.

It's Sunday, so that's my excuse today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know theres a bunch of R8's down here in SoCal and only one other interested party this morning. Whats up with that? Everyone sleeping or at church?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I am in San Diego, but can travel up there. A little notice is usually best. Keep me posted on when you may want to do this.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Going to be in LA that day for an event. Might be fun to meet up. Don't have a car to drive, but might be able to borrow a customer car... ;)

Great to see desperado and gsmps yesterday. Thanks for stopping by.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
GSMPS: Back to your original post, what day are you thinking of a drive?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Back to your original post...GMR is a fantastic IDEA !!! I haven't taken my R8 up there yet but this is a very good R8 road .What condition is that road in lately? Did you take your R8 up and down there?? Thanks for reminding me of that place. Can any of you get away on a weekday ,so we don't hit much traffic?? As I recall some times of the year it is closed. We need to do a little research before heading up there in 4 or 5 R8s. Some of those Malibu canyon roads are worthless as some of you may have found out. Angeles Crest is always good to go. :) :)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I am out of town, or I'd join you! :(

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
I wish I could be there! It's bloody raining in Oregon again (for the last 2 days).

This better not mean our "summer weather" is over, or I'll be on my way to San Diego sooner than I had planned!

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts