Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Vendor
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Great video on why the Gen 2 R8 GT is not deserving of the GT badge.
Sorry, it's not a patch on the Gen 1 GT - which is seriously undervalued at the moment.

It should have had another name - perhaps Final Edition?

It's basically a raiding of the Performance Parts parts bin + some emblems.
Looks great though

· Premium Member
1,859 Posts
A very shallow "paper" review from someone who appears not to have driven the car. Too much emphasis on minor gripes likes top speed only 199mph - I really can't think of any situations where that is relevant.

However, I agree with his / your parts bin comment, although the lower gear ratios would not be a low cost item if you wanted to build up an exact GT from an RWD base. The list price seems very hefty @ £200,000 and it really makes the early gen2 Plus (if you want the low ratios) and original RWS seems good value at £80k+

Some reviews below :
Autotrader review (Rory)

Pistonheads review

· Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
777 Posts
In any case it’s limited production will make this a collectors item.

Reactions: ruff

· Premium Member
1,594 Posts
This car's "limited production" is really not that limited - at least not compared with several of these types of similar editions of the line (original GT 333 each of Coupes and Spyders worldwide - the same; 2010 LeMans editions 30 cars, all Coupes, 15 V10 and 15 V8; 2014 LMX cars 99 units worldwide - none here; 2015 Competitions - some similar bits as the GT for 60 units for the US; 2017 another LeMans 24 hr - 15 units for the world - none here; 2017 Micromata Spyders - 4 units for the US; 2017 Quantum Edition 25 units for the US; 2017 Audi Sport Special edition - 1 for the US - AFAIK; 2018 Competition Editions - 10 for the US; 2019 Audi Sport Performance Parts edition - IIRC, 10 units for the US; 2020 Deceniums - 50 for the US; 2021 Panther Editions 20 for the US...)

Anyway, most of these have pretty obscure "collector value" now, so it's really hard to say how even the last GT will do. The Heritage TT RS was more special for those 50 units, at least in combinations, but values aren't much better now than the rest of the other 60 or so cars for the same model year... If the R8 GT was as special an edition as the first, I would be inclined to think otherwise - I suppose time will really tell -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts