Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anybody mounted their GoPro inside the engine bay, attached to the glass behind the drivers head? I know it gets pretty hot in there and have concerns it might wreck the camera!
I'm just getting some things ready for Nurburg in a a couple of weeks and might try this out as a rear view.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Why not mount it in the cabin, on the vertical glass, and point it out through the engine bay. I bought a ROAV dual camera and mounted it there, great position for capturing behind you, and in the cabin/in front of you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not mount it in the cabin, on the vertical glass, and point it out through the engine bay. I bought a ROAV dual camera and mounted it there, great position for capturing behind you, and in the cabin/in front of you.
I thought about that, yeah it would work i think, but I'll already have one on the inside of the cabin fixed to that glass facing forwards. I didn't want to have more pads above it or to the side as they already obscure the rear view mirror view of behind, and i think it will be safer on the ring to be able to see behind me!
So i was thinking of sticking the rear one in the exact same place but on the other side of the glass, to save on space taken up in the rear view.

I think it hopefully should be ok for a lap and then take it out at the end... just hopefully it doesn't fall off and into the engine bay somewhere!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have mounted mine in there before with no issues from overheating. I open the hatch when I stop. However, I have had issues with the suction cup releasing.

I use a “lanyard” to the hinges to secure it from falling into the engine. Last thing I want is plastic melting or a lighting up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have mounted mine in there before with no issues from overheating. I open the hatch when I stop. However, I have had issues with the suction cup releasing.

I use a “lanyard” to the hinges to secure it from falling into the engine. Last thing I want is plastic melting or a lighting up.
Great to know, and thanks for the tip! will get a lanyard!

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are welcomed!

Do share video....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts