Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

adding the kw HAS adjustable spring on my stock magnetic suspension system, will keep my car corner performance the same or will just make a little worse?

i want to lower my car without paying $4k+ and i track my car sometimes and dont want to add lap seconds to it.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
The topic of fitting lowereing springs was discussed recently and the general concensus was that it was good from an asthetic point of view but could actually be detremental to the handling as it reduced suspension travel. For track work coilovers are the answer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,

adding the kw HAS adjustable spring on my stock magnetic suspension system, will keep my car corner performance the same or will just make a little worse?

i want to lower my car without paying $4k+ and i track my car sometimes and dont want to add lap seconds to it.
It depends on how low you go and how much travel the shock has, of course the lower you go the less travel. However if you're height is adjusted properly to recommended levels then you should actually see a bit of performance improvement from the lower center of gravity

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on how low you go and how much travel the shock has, of course the lower you go the less travel. However if you're height is adjusted properly to recommended levels then you should actually see a bit of performance improvement from the lower center of gravity
Lets say 0.75” front and 1” rear, do you think it will increase my laptimes?

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
Lets say 0.75” front and 1” rear, do you think it will increase my laptimes?
I would have thought you would have the rear higher than the front to give positive rake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts