Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello R8 owners, my name is Scott and live just north of Boston. I liked the R8 since it first came out but I had just bought a RS Cab so could not get right away, especially since before getting that I bought a 2007 S4 Cab. They told me they didn't think RS4's would be coming here and 5 months later they did and traded the S4 in. When I started reading about the new R8V10 coming out I thought maybe I should put in an order for one so I could have next year so I started researching more about them, In doing so I read so many great things about the current R8 that I decided screw waiting. Started searching frantically online for one in stock with the options I wanted and found one at Jack Danial's in NJ, only about 230 miles from me. Did everything over the phone and now getting ready to drive down this morning and get it. I plan on using the money I saved by not going with V10 for mods. First up STaSIS exhaust. Found a local Audi dealer who is now an authorized dealer for them so it's great knowing that and STaSIS parts they put on will not void warranty. Unfortunately I went pretty wild on modding my RS4, Tubi exhaust, Gruppe M intake, Unitronic chip, RS4 Euro flat bottom wheel and put on HRE M40's two months ago. Did sell the HRE's so got most back on them. Kind of funny that going with the R8 I'm getting car that is not as rare as my RS4 Cab, Only 3 registered in MA but 25 R8's. I'm in a local Audi/VW club and hit most shows and have yet to see another RS4 Cab or R8 at any. Sorry for long post but figured I'd getting everything into my introduction. Also wanted to say what a great forum you have. Until I found this site the other day I was using R8 sub forums on Audi forums, They were pretty much dead quite. And yes, Will post some pics later

Car is a manual with Silver with Black interior.
Premium Package
19" double-spoke five-arm polished alloy wheels
Leather Package
Carbon sigma sideblade
R8 carbon sigma inlays
Bang & Olufsen® Sound System
Audi Navigation plus
Carbon sigma engine compartment cover

Soon to be gone but not forgotten

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Welcome to the R8 community. You are in for a nice surprise with your R8. Many people here are knowledgeable about common mods if you use the search tool.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
First up STaSIS exhaust. Found a local Audi dealer who is now an authorized dealer for them so it's great knowing that and STaSIS parts they put on will not void warranty.
Hi ... you are going to love the R8. Maybe I'll see you around in Boston (mine is silver with carbon blades). Which dealer is authorized for STaSIS?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You will find the R8 Heavenly as well as Hellish!! Knowledge is power too!!!:)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome! I'm no longer the newest Newbie :) here! I just received my R8 on Tuesday and only have 100 miles so far!!

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome guys, Been a long day. Left at 6 this morning to drive to Jack Daniels and by the time I got back and washed the dead bugs off car was to dark for picture, did get one pic with my phone at dealers. Was a great 250 mile drive home, Can't believe the difference between the R8 and RS4, Throttle much more responsive with R8 and steering also. The gated shifter took a bit to get use but then had a blast, Love the click clack of it. Had them install the full K40 radar including laser jammer, Very cool and saved my ass a couple times. Wanted to give a thumbs up to Jack Daniels, Everything was done over the phone so I could do in one trip down and things went very smoothly. They are also a STaSIS dealer and they have some sick things for our cars coming. The STaSIS dealer around MA is Audi Stratham, in Stratham NH, Less than an hour from Boston. Will be calling them next week about doing an exhaust. Well been a long and exciting day and now beat and going to crash. I Look forward to sharing info with other
R8 owners here, You guys have a very active site . Most of the others are very quiet

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks amazing Cab, must've been an exciting drive home!
Thanks, I saw about about 10 people pull up next to me and snap pictures of car, and many others gave me a thumbs up. Even though my RS4 cab was a pretty limited car it never got that kind of attention, to most it probably looked like any other Audi cab

·
Registered
138 Posts
i know what you mean mate, with the band n music etc, you always have to think most peeps in there know nothing about music, there to enjoy a show. i have a White Gibson SG/Les Paul Custom, that i had shipped to the uk from Georgia, and it cost me a ffffortune. to most peeps at shows it's just a white guitar, but to other musicians it's a "oh my god where the hell did you get THAT from" guitar!

same with the RS4, peeps that KNOW what it is would still cream over it, where as 'most' peeps would think it's 'just a nice vert' - the R8 however is what it is, and looks incredible to anyone!

·
Administrator
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some pictures of new car

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I am sorry to inform that the way that the Miltek sounds in the video is not accurate at ALL. This is because the microphone was placed inside engine bay and I have the airfilter kit which is a MUCH deeper sound than the actual SCREAMING of exhaust.From what I've heard ,the other exhausts out there can sound pretty HIDEOUS !!! One member took his Stasis OFF before selling it!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Unless you are shedding the most pounds possible,consider the Miltek. It would be a shame to ruin a nice time with annoying racket.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts