Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a spoiler on my 2014 R8 V8.

Obviously I have to disable the automatic spoiler feature. If I just disable the wire on the spoiler that controls that will it throw a code?

Or must I go through a diagnostic tool?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I believe you'll need to disable the spoiler in VAGCOM or you'll get the spoiler fault light. I know that was what had to be done in my case (2010).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone know after the codes are cleared if it will continue to throw the codes? I just had a GT spoiler installed and the installer disconnected the spoiler vs using VAGCOM. Will this continue to throw codes until I clear the codes and disable the spoiler?

I am going to install a spoiler on my 2014 R8 V8.

Obviously I have to disable the automatic spoiler feature. If I just disable the wire on the spoiler that controls that will it throw a code?

Or must I go through a diagnostic tool?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Anyone know after the codes are cleared if it will continue to throw the codes? I just had a GT spoiler installed and the installer disconnected the spoiler vs using VAGCOM. Will this continue to throw codes until I clear the codes and disable the spoiler?
Yes it will continue to throw the code. Car goes through checks and when it doesnt detect the spoiler, it will give the code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts