Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently picked up a 2014 R8 V10 and i noticed the driver side wiper is flipping or making a flopping noise when i turn it on.

I replaced the blades with brand new ones from Audi and its still happening.

Also can someone confirm if the longer one is supposed to be on the drive side and shorted on passenger

How can i tell the correct "home position" just before i got the car, the battery was replaced and i know that the wipers can come off as part of that process, maybe the driver side was installed off by a notch.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Recently picked up a 2014 R8 V10 and i noticed the driver side wiper is flipping or making a flopping noise when i turn it on.

I replaced the blades with brand new ones from Audi and its still happening.

Also can someone confirm if the longer one is supposed to be on the drive side and shorted on passenger

How can i tell the correct "home position" just before i got the car, the battery was replaced and i know that the wipers can come off as part of that process, maybe the driver side was installed off by a notch.
On right hand drive cars the short wiper blade is on the drivers side and the longer one on the passenger side.

Also below is a bit of information that may help if you wiper arms are on the correct side.

Hope this helps
Regards

Reactions: R8 Spyder

·
Registered
622 Posts
Orlando guy, I think you have provided your own correction. I had this issue and it was a simple fix of re-aligning the blade(s). I suspect the tech/mech just replaced it in the wrong position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all the information and confirmation.

I was able to remove the driver side wiper arm (without the need of the special puller tool) and correct the position. Was easily off by a good 10 degrees.

All is well now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts