Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does anyone else hear a loud electrical relay sound coming from underneath (or around) the passenger seat when activating the windshield wiper wash?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone else hear a loud electrical relay sound coming from underneath (or around) the passenger seat when activating the windshield wiper wash?
Thanks in advance
Do you have headlight wash, it builds up pressure and deploys the arm out of the bumper??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think that's it. It's a noise coming from under the passenger seat.
It happens when cleaning the windshield with the spray and wipers.
I presume the headlight system kicks in too but the noise is internal to the cabin.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Two days ago it rain here. I had the wipers on intermittent and I did not notice any noise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't happen when the wipers are running, just when you activate the windshield wash and pump the washer solution. Can you check if that happens on yur car?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Noise on a vehicle can be hard to trace.The sound might travel irregular paths.Be prepared to be surprised when you find out where the noise is coming from!!!:)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Hi,
Thanks in advance
I tried my windshield washers. When the pump activates there is a distinct click as you describe from under the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Hi,
Thanks in advance
I confirm the sound of a relay clicking when I use the windshield wash. Not very loud and seems to come from the passenger side foot-well. I checked the wiring diagram and component locations and the relays for a number of the car's components are located in the foot-well (including the washer and the horn).

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Me too, suspect it is the relay which is possible in the fuse box in the passenger footwell perhaps?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts