Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
well, there are some movies available... check www.youtube.com for some preview sounds... its one of the best v8 available.. and as you say, the sound is part of packege, this will make this particular engine mabe the best!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Compared to a GT3, V8 Vantage or 360CS/430 ?
The sound is part of the package.
Try to get a listen to an RS4 with the sport button pressed ... you'll get a little taster of what it will sound like ... although the R8 should have a more intense sound than the RS4 ... partly because there will be no butterfly valves to change the R8's exhaust note like the RS4 does with the 'sport' button ... so the exhaust will efectively be in 'sport' mode all the time ... but with a shorter exhaust system from manifold to exhaust tips ... expect the sound to be a more enthralling and entoxicating aural experience ... especially as the four complately seperate exhaust tips on the R8 seem to be larger overall than the four exhaust pipes of the RS4 ... which are partially obscured by the use of over sized oval exhaust tips ... :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
i fact re the 4 exhaust tips.. they seem to be larger.. but the chrome part you see is just put on... i mean, when you look through the exhaust tip, you se a smaller exhaust pipe in the middle... not as cheap as with the old porsche systems though.. but still, agree with paul on the sound.. thats one of the reasons i want this car. other reason is the manual open H gear box

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was once taken by my friend to "bomb-the-tunnel" in his F360CS -- aircon off -- windows down -- left click to 2nd -- floor the gas -- right click at redline -- release gas, count 1 to 5 -- left click -- floor it again....

Gentlemen -- please don't try -- mind your licence!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts