Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2015 V10 S-tronic
45 Posts
Incredible.
Selfishly, I'd be happy if the autos could get in on even 20% of this wave.😄

Of course the V10 manuals are going to be worth the most, but this wasn't even a coupe! And taking away either one of the V10 or manual seems to knock, now, what, $100k off the price? Seems a little out of whack, but it's worth what someone will pay. Congrats to the seller on that one!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i feel are cars are testing the limits...it might be a trend or it might be here to stay.
With all the green talk and no more carbon all ice cars will either be worth more or taxed more.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I know the 991 GT3RS’s have jumped up. A lot.

The .1’s are listed all over 200k, and they were 160-185k pre-pandemic. Some of the same ones still out there sitting unsold as well.

Most are asking close if not up to the asking price of the .2s.

I’m just going to wait it out and see what the 992 market does to it once they hit the used slope side of things.

Too **** busy with businesses and home addition at this point anyway. And with Lumber and OSB jumping up so much, it’s awful out there. But hey, I’m adding 3 more garage bays, so there’s that. And still in process with the R8 build.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
I watched the last 15 min that took about 2 hours to finish. I was shocked and excited to see it break 200k. Just WOW. I’m not sure were this is headed but the right one may hit 300k one day. Maybe more 🤷‍♂️
Well, at the pace we're pushing money into the economy, inflation alone will get us there quicker than any of us imagine. :)

Reactions: viappc and DaveL

·
Registered
37 Posts
That’s crazy money. There’s a gated V10 Gen1 for sale here in South Africa. First one I’ve seen advertised, and I’ve been looking for ten years. Price is R1,09m, so about $75k USD. Seems a bargain.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Crazy I wasn’t expecting these cars to hit 200k until the end of the year, and it was a vert!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Honestly... can’t you buy a brand new r8 for 200k ?? That amazing someone purchased a 2012 for 203k. good for the seller!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can’t you convert an R tronic gearbox to a manual for $20k-$30k? I know it wouldn’t be worth the same for collectors, but it should be the same driving experience for enthusiasts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can’t you convert an R tronic gearbox to a manual for $20k-$30k? I know it wouldn’t be worth the same for collectors, but it should be the same driving experience for enthusiasts.
I asked Ricky about that and he's done a few. Wish there was a shop in the US with that experience.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
I understand it to be quite a bit higher than $30k. The parts and “labor” work out to this number, but there are other issues that are considered from what I understand and cost upwards of another $10k.

Still better than $200k+..,

21 - 40 of 55 Posts