Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am eagerly on the market for a 6MT R8 with carbon fiber interior package. Color is of no concern but I would like to avoid grey interiors if possible. Must be under 35k miles and priced fairly, but my budget may be flexible between $59-90k depending on what is out there and offered (things like facelift, v10 modes obviously fetch a premium).

musts: 6 speed gated manual, carbon fiber interior

No salvaged, rebuilt or branded vehicles, please.

I am a serious buyer. I just had “the one” snatched from under my nose by another buyer and I’m hungry for an incredible find.

thanks everybody!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in same boat. Just curious what was snatched from you ? Specs and price please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a Daytona gray 2009 v8 with full carbon options and v10 sideblades. Saddle brown interior, 6mt. 27k miles clean title and was listed for $60k. I called the day it was listed and it was already sold by the time I got ahold of a salesperson. Total heartbreaker as it was a steal. I’m just telling myself it probably had blown mag rides and a worm clutch to feel better about losing out 😂

·
Registered
392 Posts
I am eagerly on the market for a 6MT R8 with carbon fiber interior package. Color is of no concern but I would like to avoid grey interiors if possible. Must be under 35k miles and priced fairly, but my budget may be flexible between $59-90k depending on what is out there and offered (things like facelift, v10 modes obviously fetch a premium).

musts: 6 speed gated manual, carbon fiber interior

No salvaged, rebuilt or branded vehicles, please.

I am a serious buyer. I just had “the one” snatched from under my nose by another buyer and I’m hungry for an incredible find.

thanks everybody!!
facelift manuals you'll be $125k or higher FYI

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
facelift manuals you'll be $125k or higher FYI
For a v10, yes. I won’t be able to afford a collectors unicorn, but should be able to afford a well sorted facelifted v8 or a well taken care of pre-facelift v8 or v10.

There’s a v8 in NJ with under 10k miles and the dealer is asking 89k. I’m just holding out for one with carbon trim.

·
Registered
89 Posts
One thing I learned in my 1 year search for the R8 I was after . If you see the perfect 1 posted online , it’s already gone . Took me about 3 months to figure that out before I started using resources to help me locate the one I was after .

·
Registered
392 Posts
RV8 - you're right. I remember when a few guys here hired me to find their perfect R8 - took me some time but i had to beat people to the punch to get what they were looking for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It was a Daytona gray 2009 v8 with full carbon options and v10 sideblades. Saddle brown interior, 6mt. 27k miles clean title and was listed for $60k. I called the day it was listed and it was already sold by the time I got ahold of a salesperson. Total heartbreaker as it was a steal. I’m just telling myself it probably had blown mag rides and a worm clutch to feel better about losing out

Finally, she arrived....

It wasn’t this one was it?

The Daytona grey and saddle brown must be a coincidence surely haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
38 Posts
For the broad range in price you are willing to spend, you could always focus on the core needs (low miles, 6 speed) and then upgrade peices later (carbon interior, V10 blades etc.)

And some may cringe when they read this, but I have all the carbon peices inside and I don't like it, I actually prefer soft Alcantara over the plastic looking and feeling carbon. I'm actually considering wrapping the carbon in Alcantara. 😀

Best of luck with your search!

·
Registered
89 Posts
For the broad range in price you are willing to spend, you could always focus on the core needs (low miles, 6 speed) and then upgrade peices later (carbon interior, V10 blades etc.)

And some may cringe when they read this, but I have all the carbon peices inside and I don't like it, I actually prefer soft Alcantara over the plastic looking and feeling carbon. I'm actually considering wrapping the carbon in Alcantara. 😀

Best of luck with your search!
Lol . Let’s trade some carbon pieces for some of my non carbon and you can wrap that !

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m considering selling mine. 2009, 15,600 miles, manual, carbon sideblades, interior, and engine covers, extended leather package. Rev9 exhaust. Always serviced at the dealer. Ceramic coated. I’m the 2nd owner. I only thinking about selling because I’ve got it in my head that I want an Elise or Exige.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m considering selling mine. 2009, 15,600 miles, manual, carbon sideblades, interior, and engine covers, extended leather package. Rev9 exhaust. Always serviced at the dealer. Ceramic coated. I’m the 2nd owner. I only thinking about selling because I’ve got it in my head that I want an Elise or Exige. View attachment 250741
hey I am PMing you definitely interested.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I’m considering selling mine. 2009, 15,600 miles, manual, carbon sideblades, interior, and engine covers, extended leather package. Rev9 exhaust. Always serviced at the dealer. Ceramic coated. I’m the 2nd owner. I only thinking about selling because I’ve got it in my head that I want an Elise or Exige. View attachment 250741
Looks clean, how much?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Boosted Josh and I came to an agreement. It looks like I may have found my R8!
Yep, an agreement has been reached.

My 8 year old daughter’s not happy. My wife tried to console her by telling her that dad would get something better, she looked at me and asked “is that true? Will you get something better?” I just kind of stalled and said “uhhh, we’ll get something different.”

1 - 20 of 23 Posts