Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Careful, 18" Wheels will not clear CCB (There are some special wheels that do)
The Sottozero is a terrible tyre, go for something else (anything!) And 295 in the rear, a bit better grip in the snow.

The Car handles snow just fine, and is at the same time way more fun to put Skis on the roof and drive/drift the road up to St. Moritz or Gstaad.
Split is 20/80 max, so beware of a kicking out rear when you're sending it on snow.

Be aware when you're driving DOWN a road that the rear gets really light under braking and can't push the snow away from the tyres anymore. Only way i was able to catch the Car in these moments was by accelerating to grip up again, so leave that safety margin.

(Pic was already posted here, sorry if you already saw it)
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Snow

Snow will collect on some spots, but snow melts sooner or later.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Do 2-3 brakes while you're driving out of the parking lot, so the disc and pad is free and a bit warmed up.
Atleast my CCBs arent great when cold.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My current RS5 has had the rear “fin” ice over on many occasions. I rarely exceed 75mph in the winter, but the few times I may have hit that 75mph zone when the fin attempts to raise, I get an error code. All appears functionally fine after the ice is gone.
I just left the Spoiler up when there was a chance of freezing. Nothing to worry about when it doesnt have to raise in first place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts