Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
You're going to park it outside in the snow? Get a cover. Ground clearance, don't have my tape measure, but I can put my fist under the front just barely and mine is a stock 2014 (hammer fist - thumb up) if that helps. Stock meaning no suspension adjustments at this time. But if you're worried about ride height, why would you put 18" wheels on it when it comes with 19" ?? Dropping it a half inch...

I've lived in Boston, Park City, UT so I know snow, but now i Live in San Diego and I don't even go out in the R8 if it's raining. :cool:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Reaching out to Audi, and spending a good 30 minutes in “chat”, revealed very little. They were only able to find the ground clearance on the ‘12 V8. No other gen 1 specs were available to the person I was chatting with. In fact, they didn’t even have the ground clearance for a ‘15 RS5 They are supposed to look further into It and email me.

but
2012 R8 V8 factory ground clearance is 4.33” or 110mm.
Just in case anyone else is ever looking. Or googling.
2014 R8 V8 stock. 5" at lowest point. I just measured.

Reactions: JDaniel

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
EZ is enjoyable to have on the forum, but I want to get him on a tequila bender in Mexico and then buy him a rub and tug at ont of my favorite places.

I dont believe those studies by the tire companies just like i dint believe the Marlboro telling me they have a study telling me smoking is good for me.

The argument about coverage being denied is a very interesting one and I never considered it. But..... I'm going on a tequila bender in Mexico instead of dealing with swapping out my tires......
I wouldn't think of going to Mexico anymore, it's not what it used to be. The Cartel wars are insane. Mostly they kill each other, but they are not above a car jacking - especially if you drive your R8 around in Tijuana! INSANE.

I might be persuaded to go WITH some of my Mexican friends that were born there and have a LOT of family there. They know who to pay when needed.

In my younger days i was there with some Army friends and was visiting a Jai alai game... in a stadium of sorts. I had a cup of beer and asked the Federale if I could go outside with it. He said, oh yes, not a problem... I was arrested within 10 feet of the door. I asked the other Federale if it was "ok" if I pay him and he pay the judge for me... of course he accepted gladly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts