Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
i question why you'd want this car if its going to spend so much time in snowy conditions. i mean sure maybe with smaller wheels and snow tires its manageable but by no means going to be an enjoyable experience owning an r8 was meant to be. why not just get a different audi like an rs6, s6, rsq8 that are as fast but more suitable for those conditions

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Its a car bro no different than a civic it gets from point a to point b...

To the OP, mine sat outside the office rain, shine, pollen covered, bird crap, snow, 5 days a week pre covid. The paint holds up just fine, although after 6 years removing the engine cover to really get it clean behind the plastic bits will be needed if it spends lots of time outside. But never had a single issue having it outside a majority of its life and cars been one of the most reliable I've ever owned.

Not sure I'd use it to plow a path forward on untreated roads but if tis snow plowed/ covered sub 3-4 inches of snow driving should be fine from what I've seen, zero issues overheating or anything related to the side vents
My comment had nothing to do with reliability or babying rhe car, bro
I just don’t see how anyone would enjoy driving an r8 in snow as a daily driver. You’re not going to convince me that’s fun

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
EZ is enjoyable to have on the forum, but I want to get him on a tequila bender in Mexico and then buy him a rub and tug at ont of my favorite places.

I dont believe those studies by the tire companies just like i dint believe the Marlboro telling me they have a study telling me smoking is good for me.

The argument about coverage being denied is a very interesting one and I never considered it. But..... I'm going on a tequila bender in Mexico instead of dealing with swapping out my tires......
his detail about insurance coverage denial was pure gold. no one in their right mind should want to put their R8 in a situation where an accident would result in an insuarance claim denial. it was kind of the mic drop moment of this discussion, well done @ezmaass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts