Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealer is pushing this product pretty hard. Any one use this product? Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

MW

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I see you're a new member and this is your first post....WELCOME!

this is a VERY friendly and active group, but we very much like to see your LOCATION up there on your header....you don't have to give us your address! just tell us "where you're from", so we know if we might have something in common when we answer....a lot of R8 stuff is market specific or at least variable; also nice to know what you drive, but NOT essential

second, on a question like this, if at all possible, post a LINK or some clue to take your reader to what it is you're talking about....since you went to the trouble to ask the question, you've probably already researched it somewhere, so give your reader a head start and you're more likely to get an answer or an opinion (and incidentally, if you do a keyword search on THIS forum before you post, you may be amazed at all you find)

BUT PLEASE, don't take this as an inhospitable response; sincerely you will find that all members WELCOME you to weigh in here with opinion, ask questions or contribute answers!:cool:.....now I'll go google on what you asked about and see what the heck it is!!!;)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Dealer is pushing this product pretty hard. Any one use this product? Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

MW
Is this what you're talking about (the notorious "sealant package" the dealer pitches you while you're in the closing hotbox?):

Zurich Shield:: Environmental Protection
Specially formulated to protect the interior and exterior surfaces of your vehicle, keeping your vehicle looking and feeling new and retaining the value of your investment.

Product Features::

•Environmentally Sensitive:: Zurich Shield sealants meet the current Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) standards that are set by the California Air Resources Board
•Superior Product:: Independent lab tests, utilizing ASTM B117 standards, confirm that Zurich Shield's paint sealant has the best corrosion- resistant formula amongst the leading national brands.
Exterior Protection

Protect your investment from harmful elements like oxidation and pollutants that can make your car look older than it is. It will protect your vehicle and keep it looking as good as the day you bought it. Paint sealant completely seals and protects paint surfaces from the following::

•Weather induced fading and loss of gloss
•Acid rain, bird droppings and tree sap
•Permanent hard water etching and industrial fallout
•Bonding to individual fibers without altering texture, scent or color of the treated fabric
Interior Protection

Most of us spend hours every day in our vehicle commuting to work or shuffling kids to activities. Often in a hurry, were eating takeout and sipping cappuccinos on the way. All that activity can lead to a mess. Preserve the look of your car and reduce the signs of again and protect against life�s messy accidents.

::Fabric Sealant extends the life of your fabric seats and carpet::

•Seals out water and oil-based stains
•Extends the life of fabric and carpet
•Contains inhibitors to delay fading
•Makes Clean up easy
::Vinyl/Leather Sealant provides the following::

•Creates Barrier against stains
•Protects against premature aging
•Retains natural softness
::Benefits of Zurich Shield::

•Provides a Product Warranty
•Rental reimbursement
•Renewable
•Transferrable
If that's what you're talking about, IMHO you'd be better off going with a good, highly recommended local detail man who wants to build his repeat business and will sell you what you NEED, not what the Acctg. Dept. says the dealership needs to nudge the profit margin per sale. But's that's just my take on that stuff. Maybe someone else has another opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see you're a new member and this is your first post....WELCOME!
Thanks for the welcome. I have been reading the board for a while and enjoy the information and the friendly atmosphere.

this is a VERY friendly and active group, but we very much like to see your LOCATION up there on your header....you don't have to give us your address! just tell us "where you're from", so we know if we might have something in common when we answer....a lot of R8 stuff is market specific or at least variable; also nice to know what you drive, but NOT essential

I updated my profile with my location. I am in Nevada City, CA which is up in the Sierras above Auburn / Sacramento. Nice little town and many great driving roads in the area. My local Audi dealer is Niello in Sacramento.

second, on a question like this, if at all possible, post a LINK or some clue to take your reader to what it is you're talking about....since you went to the trouble to ask the question, you've probably already researched it somewhere, so give your reader a head start and you're more likely to get an answer or an opinion (and incidentally, if you do a keyword search on THIS forum before you post, you may be amazed at all you find)

The information that you found below is indeed the product to which I was referring. Guarantees to protect paint from all kinds of environmental harm. I am always skeptical of dealer supplied products such as this. In this case the salesman and have made a pretty good argument for the product. $710 applied and warranted for 7 years. While I enjoy the car care part of owning a nice car; I'd rather be driving.

BUT PLEASE, don't take this as an inhospitable response; sincerely you will find that all members WELCOME you to weigh in here with opinion, ask questions or contribute answers!:cool:.....now I'll go google on what you asked about and see what the heck it is!!!;)
I will take your input in the spirit in which it was offered. I appreciate your guidance.

MW

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I agree with willyjp find a GOOD detail man. They are worth their weight in gold or in our instance CF

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I agree with willyjp find a GOOD detail man. They are worth their weight in gold or in our instance CF
I second that ...or do it yourself if you cannot find a good detail guy nearby. Personally I don't believe in any of these "life of your car paint sealants".

I do my own detailing:

hand wash regularly (there are some very good posts in the archives on the best techniques)

claybar and then at least two applications of Wolfgang's paint sealant every three or four months.

I finish off with PS2 Carnauba wax if I want it to look really good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts