Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I Went down to Park Place this morning ready to purchase, just couldn't do the color! It didn't have the alcantera headliner or carbon trim, nothing I can't live without. Simply could not purchase the color. Vic was my sales guy, super cool people there. The custom CNC exhaust, loud! :heart_eyes_cat: my search continues

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a silver Spyder - much easier to sell; however, I think that Orange is just epic and screams Supercar. For me, I don't appreciate the car because its very basic on the inside....the build sheet is missing all the goodies on the inside that remind you that its an exotic.

·
Registered
127 Posts
For me, I don't appreciate the car because its very basic on the inside....the build sheet is missing all the goodies on the inside that remind you that its an exotic.
This is why I ended up selling my first R8. It was missing too many checkboxes on the options sheet. Problems which I remedied on the 2nd. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my 2014 v8 in orange. I specifically looked for that color. Fell in love when iron man pulled up in it. Wife hate the color. Think I look like a 富二代....but that color is so exciting and different.

I do notice the same car in a more traditional color is selling for more. Not sure if it is just the color.

I ducking love it!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just got my 2014 v8 in orange. I specifically looked for that color. Fell in love when iron man pulled up in it. Wife hate the color. Think I look like a 富二代....but that color is so exciting and different.

I do notice the same car in a more traditional color is selling for more. Not sure if it is just the color.

I ducking love it!
When shopping for my 2015 R8 V10 I vacillated between a Samoa Orange and Daytona Grey Metallic identically equipped cars, but I just could not get my wife on-board with the Orange, so we went with the more conservative Daytona Grey.

In 2016 I saw a Volcano Orange Metallic (similar to Samoa Orange except for a ton more metallic) McLaren 570S on a showroom floor and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. When the salesman pulled the car out into the bright Arizona sun, it changed from absolutely beautiful to drop dead gorgeous! I instantly called my wife and told her that she had the final vote on the R8 so I’m casting the final vote on the Volcano Orange McLaren. When I got the car home and she saw it glistening in the sun, she agreed that I made the right decision.

Like others have stated, I too had resale color concerns; however, after almost a year of ownership and hearing nothing but favorable comments from all that have seen my car, my resale color concerns have not only been totally alleviated, but now I think that the color will actually enhance the resale prospects! I can’t count the number of people that have told me that never would have thought of buying an orange car…. until they saw mine.

As a side note: I think that there is point in life that you just have to put resale $’s aside, encore what others may think and just go for what you enjoy and makes you happy!!!!!!!!

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
I loved my Samoa orange spyder. And, I don't think you have to worry about resale with much. I got a great trade in value with a dealer and the dealer sold it at a tidy profit in <8 weeks. I think dealers use the color excuse to lowball.

·
Super Moderator
3,986 Posts
I loved the Samoa V8 that I had. Ordered it after seeing the GT in Samoa and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Resale doesn't mean squat to me, though.

If I'm going to order a vehicle, I'll order exactly what I like and not care one bit about what others may think or with any consideration of resale.

Get what make YOU happy, not others.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I love R8 in Samoa Orange, I was looking for that specific color for a year but couldn't find one for sale so I settled for Red one instead.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
Color is very subjective, so just go for what YOU want and enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2020 performance carbon black in Samoa Orange. It’s a beautiful colour and I’ve already been offered more than I paid for it from a private dealer. I’m not selling as I only purchased it Oct 20 but absolutely loving the colour.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I love my 2014 somora orange convertible! Will not sell or wrap it for nothing
By the way guys. Is the right spelling somora or samora. My touch up paint in my glove box says somora orange??

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
225 Posts
Looked for 9 months for a 2017-18 either a Samoa Orange (first choice) or Vegas Yellow (second choice) all other things being equal. I never found a Samoa Orange and 3 Vegas Yellow but only one that met my purchasing requirements.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
225 Posts
I like the Samoa Orange but don’t think they made any MY 2017-18

21 - 37 of 37 Posts